1. Admission: Lone Star College is an open-enrollment institution. Most students are accepted once they have completed the admissions process. Go to LoneStar.edu/Admissions.
2. Registration & payment: Lone Star College offers lots of degrees and certificates to choose from, including credit and non-credit, academic transfer or workforce certification. Find the one that is best for you and get started! Check out LoneStar.edu/Programs.
3. Financial aid: There are several types of financial aid that help students and their families pay for college. Even if you think you wouldn’t be eligible for financial aid, you should apply anyway. Apply at FAFSA.ed.gov.
4. Attend classes: Once admission requirements are satisfied and you’ve decided on what you want to study, you need to attend class! LSC has six colleges, eight satellite centers, two University Center locations and LSC-Online learning – something for everyone!
5. Graduation: Sure, there are steps in-between, but in no time at all, you’ll be walking across stage to receive the degree or certificate you’ve earned at Lone Star College. But you’ve got to start today to go far!
Tools for student success
- Set a goal for what you want to accomplish.
- Make a plan to reach your goal!
- Get connected with advisors, faculty and student organizations.
- Stay involved with student life, classes, and activities.